Monday, May 8

my inbox had this today

These are couplets taken from the rhymezone site where there's
this competition for writing the most romantic first line and most unromantic>
>second..here are a few of the entries..

> >> >Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet,
> >and so are you.>
>But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead,>
>the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.>

>> >After you, my love, my only prize>
>Would be a bullet between my eyes>

>> >Of loving beauty you float with grace>
>If only you could hide your face>

> > >I thought that I could love no other>
>Until, that is, I met your brother>

>> >Kind, intelligent, loving and hot>
>This describes everything you're not>

>> >I want to feel your sweet embrace>
>But don't take that paper bag off of your face>

>> >I love your smile, your face, and your eyes -->
>Damn, I'm good at telling lies!>

>> >Every time I see your face >
>I wish I were in outer space>

>> >I saw your face as you walked by>
>but then I saw a better guy>

>> >My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:>
>Marrying you screwed up my life >

>> >Beauty is on the inside, but some may doubt,>
>If it's true, I'd prefer you inside out.>

>> >What inspired this amorous rhyme?>
>Two parts vodka, one part lime >

>> >I see your face when I am dreaming>
>That's why I always wake up screaming>

>> >My love you take my breath away>
>What have you stepped in to smell this way >

>> >My feelings for you no words can tell>
>Except for maybe "go to hell"

No comments: